Monday, October 25, 2010

It was the first time I had fallen in love.

Lying on my bed, I began to think of a particular time in my life when I had fallen in love. Actually, I still think of her now and then. She was my classmate and we grew to be good friends.

I am still trying to forget her. I never knew that memories were so hard to erase. I am still wondering what mistake I committed that she shoes to grow distant. We did quarrel sometimes but had always remained friends despite everything. We could talk for hours. It was difficult for me to let a single moment go by without thinking of her. I was not aware of what was really happening. I told my friends that I thought I was in love. They told me to tell her but I was afraid.

It took time for me to agree to do what they had told me to do. One Friday, I decided to finally tell her. When I brought up the question, she seemed angry. I thought I had lost even the treasured friendship that we had shared. We had a beautiful relationship and lovely times together.  

All at once she stopped talking to me. I did not know how I was to respond or what she was feeling. I started to worrying and asked her friend what had happened. I was told that she was fine. I wanted to be near her but she dint not and I questioned myself all the time. I asked her for forgiveness but she was not ready to talk with me. She dint want to see me again.

My heart broke and sank so deep I thought I would lose it forever. I felt so alone. I knew I had been very ungracious: I had lost even the friendship that I treasured so much.

I went home after class not knowing what to do. Sleep refused to come to me. Notwithstanding, I confronted her one day and asked her why she dint want to talk to me anymore. She told me that she had a new friend and dint want to talk me anymore. It was like being in a bad movie. I dint know that my life was a puzzle; I was beginning to found out. The pieces dint seems to fit. I still thank her for being my friend but want her to remember that somebody once loved her very much. I guess I should be happey for her friend, congratulate him. But was she fair to me?

It is difficult to live without her but not impossible. She will always be somewhere in my heart because it was the first time I had fallen in love.

1 comment: