Thursday, October 14, 2010

Another hate

There was something wrong but I did not know what. Nothing seemed to be right with our relationship. We had been best friends for a long time but for past few days she had been avoiding. She looked troubled and lost. Her eyes were not as warm as they used to be.

I simply could not make out why she was avoiding me. Neither did she agree to meet nor returned my calls. Later I found out from his brother that she was not keeping well and wanted to be left alone.

We had been best pals from the moment we got introduced. She was always there whenever I need a shoulder on cry on or to share my secrets. Since I did not have sister, I always felt scared to talk to any girls. I would stick to my stupid behavior and would not talk to my classmates –girls. But it was very different with her. I would talk about anything under the moon and she would patiently listen to me.

She was searching for something but never let it out. Finally she said we would meet. I was right she had been searching for words and after much coaxing she spoke. She said that she was in love with someone and not me. She said she was sorry that we were not meant for each other and simply walked away.

I was speechless. I stood there for longtime trying to make sense. I was happy that she was in love but how could she say that she does not love me. All these years we had been together. We had laughed, cried and shared secrets with each other. After all those sharing and caring she says that she does not love me?

When we befriend a person of the opposite sex does it always have to be a Romeo-Juliet relationship? Is it wrong to love a friend to the opposite sex? All these years we have been friends and she did not love me? Actually I never thought of her that way. I loved her because she was my dearest pal. She too knew that we were only friends and for the love of his life she wants to end our friendship? I am sure she would have ended our friendship if were a girl.

No, I do not understand because she was not the person I had befriended. But let me get this clear. I never loved you the way u thought --- I hate u because u could not prove yourself a good friend.

2 comments: